Your smile is one of the first things people notice about you. Unfortunately, if your teeth are dull, damaged, or flawed, you may not feel like sharing your smile with the world. Veneers, a restoration option offered by your Reno, NV, dentist, Dr. George Zatarain of Z dentistry, will enhance your smile and hide a variety of tooth flaws.
When veneers are a good idea
Veneers are tooth-shaped shells created from a mold of your mouth to ensure a perfect fit. Each plastic or porcelain veneer is cemented to the front of a tooth, hiding imperfections and minor damage.
Adding one or more veneers may be a good idea if:
- You have a crooked tooth: Orthodontic treatment isn't always needed if you have just one or two crooked teeth. In fact, after your veneer is applied to your tooth, it will look perfectly straight.
- Your tooth is oddly shaped: You would think that all of your teeth would be roughly the same size and shape, but that's not always the case. Luckily, veneers make twisted, pointed, or other oddly shaped teeth look perfectly uniform.
- You have a short tooth: Have you noticed that some of your teeth look a little shorter now? The problem can be due to grinding or clenching your teeth while you sleep or years of wear and tear. Veneers extend the length of your teeth, improving the appearance of your smile.
- You have a gap between your teeth: Adding veneers offers a simple way to close slight gaps between teeth. (If you have a large gap, orthodontic treatment may be the best solution.)
- Your tooth is discolored: Stains from antibiotics or tooth trauma or discoloration from large fillings can darken teeth. Covering discolored teeth with veneers instantly improves your appearance.
- You'd like a brighter smile: In addition to covering discolored teeth, veneers can also be used to whiten your entire smile. During your visit to the Reno dental office, you'll select the perfect shade of white for your new smile.
- Your tooth is damaged: Veneers are an excellent choice if a chip or shallow crack affects your smile. They can also make your tooth enamel look smoother if it's a little bumpy.
Makeover your smile with veneers! Call your dentist in Reno, NV, Dr. George Zatarain of Z dentistry, at (775) 331-1616 to schedule your appointment.