Posts for tag: dental bonding
Dental bonding is a treatment available at Z Dentistry in Reno, NV that is an option for patients who have relatively minor cosmetic problems. You may find that dental bonding is all you need to help take your smile to the next level. It provides you with a temporary smile solution so that you can make future plans with your cosmetic dentist for other treatments, like veneers or braces.
What Is Dental Bonding?
A dental material called composite resin, the same material used for tooth-colored fillings, can be used to improve the cosmetic appearance of your front teeth. The material is painted onto the surfaces of the teeth where needed and bonded in place using a curing light. After the bonding process is complete, your dentist can shape and contour the teeth to match your desired aesthetic.
Dental Bonding Uses
You may be wondering if you are a candidate for this cosmetic treatment, which is offered at Z Dentistry in Reno. Here are some of the most common uses for dental bonding:
- Filling in small gaps between the teeth so that they don’t shift.
- Covering up cracks in the enamel.
- Restoring broken or chipped teeth.
- Polishing rough tooth surfaces.
- Covering discoloration or staining.
- Protecting an exposed tooth root due to gum recession.
Reasons to Choose Dental Bonding
When you visit the dentist for cosmetic help, it’s good to know that you have choices. There are a few reasons why you might decide to opt for dental bonding over other solutions at the moment:
- You need a quick fix that only requires one short dental appointment.
- Budget (dental bonding is usually more affordable compared to veneers or crowns).
- You’re concerned about tooth movement due to wisdom tooth eruption or the after effects of gum disease.
Dental Bonding Can Help
Now that you know that dental bonding is an option, make an appointment at Z Dentistry in Reno, NV to learn more about this cosmetic treatment. Call (775) 331-1616 today to schedule an appointment with Dr. George Zatarain.